Historic Bremen

Bremen, Indiana

Category

Artifacts

125th anniversary of the Bremen standpipe

Today, August 11, 2017, is the 125th anniversary of the Bremen standpipe water tower. Bremen’s historic standpipe was built in 1892. “Standpipe” is an old term for “water tower” that is now more commonly used for fire hose connections attached… Continue Reading →

Acquisition: Post Office safe

The Schneider family has graciously donated the Mosler safe that once occupied the Bremen Post Office back in the 1930s to ’50s. It held the various official seals, stamps, and cash drawer used every day, in addition to a pistol…. Continue Reading →

1946: the 100th anniversary of St Paul’s Lutheran Church

Among the artifacts donated to Historic Bremen by the Bremen Public Library was a comb-bound book celebrating the 100th anniversary of St Paul’s Lutheran Church in Bremen. It featured photographs of past and present ministers and church buildings, as well… Continue Reading →

Acquisition: Liberty Coach switchboard

Recently, Jeff Main offered Historic Bremen the gift of the PBX (private branch exchange) switchboard used at the Liberty Coach plant in Bremen throughout the 1950s. The switchboard was made in Syracuse, NY, and was used to connect Liberty Coach… Continue Reading →

Leitch Cigar Company box

This terrific piece of Bremeniana just came up for auction on eBay: a Joseph P Leitch Company cigar box from about 1900. It features a fantastic photo of one of the Bremen bands of the time, and the back is… Continue Reading →

© 2017 Historic Bremen — Powered by WordPress

Theme by Anders NorenUp ↑