Dudley and Marj Stoller built The Corner lunch room and soda fountain in 1948. It was never really on the corner of US 6 and SR 331, but originally its parking lot was. In 1952, the Stollers sold the restaurant to Ross Rishel.
Rishel turned it into a restaurant, and it became the place to go for coffee, with many regulars keeping their own personalized mugs in a custom rack. In 1961, Rishel no longer leased the parking lot land, and it was sold to allow a Clark gas station to be built. Cars squeezed in around the front and side of the building.
Today, the building is Lifestyles home furnishings consignment shop.
Click an image below to view a larger version. Visit our Flickr album for more.