Historic Bremen and the Town of Bremen are putting together a 50-year time capsule to be buried in the bench wall planter in front of the town hall at the corner of W Plymouth and S Center streets.
We plan to include letters and art from students of Bremen schools as well as masks and information about COVID-19, as well as information about the town and repaving project, screen captures of popular websites, photos of the town, and other items that represent 2020 (a Baby Yoda figure, Hot Wheels Tesla car, etc.).
The time capsule will be buried in January for opening at the end of 2070, when today’s high school students will be in their late-70s.
If you’re interested in helping, leave a comment here. Things we’re looking for to be donated:
- Recipes for sourdough bread or banana bread, representing the baking that many people did during lockdown
- a MAGA hat
- a Black Lives Matter item
- information about local businesses, promotional items with names and logos
- photos of local clubs with persons clearly identified
- popular YA or children’s book
- school-related items
Suggestions can also be made and items dropped off at the Bremen History Center on N Center St on Tuesdays between 10 AM and 2 PM.