The Willis A Roose farm was 100 acres in section 16 of German township, a few miles southeast of Bremen, on 5th Road just east of 331. The house was photographed for inclusion in the 1908 atlas of Marshall county published by George A Ogle & Co. (The full atlas is available in the Library of Congress online collection and includes many portraits of prominent Marshall county residents of the time.) Roose moved onto the property in 1895, at first renting it from his father-in-law, John S Wisler but eventually owning it (according to land plat maps) sometime beyond 1957.
The house is today owned by Eric Schmucker and includes a duck farm.
Leave a Reply